Fever Relief and Pain Relievers
Pain relief and fever reducing medications come in two categories:
- Helps relieve headaches, muscle aches and fever.
- Central ingredient in Tylenol and other similar OTC medications.
- Affects the parts of the brain that recognize pain and regulate body temperature.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS).
- Relieves pain and fever.
- Like acetaminophen, also helps with regulating body temperature.
- Includes aspirin, naproxen, ketoprofen and ibuprofen.
OTC Flu and Fever Medication
Colds, flus and fevers are conditions that need to run their course, so OTC medications do not end the illness. Rather, these medications help by relieving symptoms and minimizing their effects until you are recovered.